Monday, June 23, 2014

Sun, June 22nd - It was another good evening. Cole was happy to have his brother spend the night at the hospital, since they share a room most of the time. They have there own rooms at home, however they continue to "sleep over" in each others rooms most of the time. The next day brought more visitors. Gonzo Carcache (Coach C) his PE (GYM) teacher (who is also the Director of his summer camp - SuperStar Sports Camp) came to visit and play with him for a while. We also had a visit from our good friends the Disistos. They played some board games with Cole for a while and Cole had some good laughs. He has been feeling pretty good in general, however you can tell that the meds are starting to wear on him. His ANC counts are still ok (~1,000), but have been dropping. This is expected to happen. However, if they continue to drop then we will need to begin to restrict visitors. Every afternoon seems to bring a 2-3 hour nap. He seems to feel better after these naps and they are also a good time for me to catch up on my work emails. Denise came up in the mid afternoon and I was able to go home with Michael. I held a 3:30pm practice for my Vipers Baseball Team. It felt good to have some normalcy back in my life for a few hours. However it was very different not having Cole at practice. This is the first time I have ever had a practice without both of my boys there. Nonetheless we had a good practice and the boys told me that they are going to dedicate the season to Cole. We have such a good group of boys and parents, and I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Hopefully I will be able to continue to participate in practices and games. If not, I have some terrific coaches/friends that are ready to run things in my absence. The evening brought our friends the Soto's to the hospital. Cole enjoyed some good time with his good buddy Javi. 






No comments:

Post a Comment