Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Mon, June 23 - Denise's night at the hospital with Cole was thankfully uneventful. The morning again brought some nice visitors. Ms Moretto, the principal of his school - Coral Reef Elementary, came to visit and spend some time with Cole. It was great to speak with her and to discuss the educational challenges for the upcoming school year for Cole. Yes, Cole will be unable to attend school this coming year, as his immune system will be challenged and he may not even be in town for a good portion of the school year. I was able to go into work for a few hours and catch up on a few things. Then I headed up to the hospital with lunch from Panera bread. I arrived to find Cole's 1st grade teacher Ms Conant from Hagen Road elementary had came to visit and spend some time with him. A little later a really nice cookie bouquet arrived courtesy of the Polimeni family. If you do not know them, they have a nice Italian Restaurant in Boynton Beach called Dean Anthony's (http://deananthonyspizza.com/). Thank you guys! Cole took his afternoon nap and was then greeted by our friends the Nemet's. Denise Nemet brought me a much needed large Dunkin Donuts coffee and her kids played with Cole for a while. Shortly after the Gurevich's with Ethan Strikowski in tow came to visit. Before they arrived, Cole had let me know that he was craving a meatball sub from Subway and the Gurevich's were nice enough to bring one for him. I was glad to see Cole have an appetite again. Cole's and his buddies Aiden and Ethan had a great night together. We had some nice conversation for a while and then a couple of fun filled hours playing XBOX baseball. It was great to hear Cole laughing like I hadn't heard in a while. After they left, Cole took his evening meds. He really doesn't like taking a few of the meds, as they taste pretty bad and make him nauseous. However, he has been a trooper about taking all without too much fuss. Then it was off to bed for some much needed ZZZ's.





2 comments:

  1. Although my heart hurts every time I read the blog, I smile knowing all of the love and support Cole is getting. Thank you for the updates, I know how difficult it is to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually so much easier than having to update all via phone or other. Plus I am finding it very therapeutic for myself. Chris

    ReplyDelete